• Of rare beauty a set of Antique Wedgwood dinner plates in the "Indian" pattern, an intricate paisley design attributed to the very fashionable Aesthetic movement of the late19th century. Think Oscar Wilde and William Morris.
• Richly patterned transferware in a paisley design with a central ochre medallion, polychrome hand painted rich floral borders in cobalt and persimmon, incredible pattern.
• Made in Staffordshire England by Wedgwood
• Back markings indicate they were made in 1870- 1890 period
• Set of 5 dinner plates each measuring 10 3/8" plus one smaller 8" plate,
• There is one of these plates at the Metropolitan museum archive
top of page
bottom of page